September 6, 2016
9 am to noon
2407 2100 Street, Atlanta, IL
Catered lunch available for reasonable price paid at the event, please register below!
Dave Bishop and PrairiErth Farm are hosting a fantastic field day featuring many diverse speakers discussing "Our Food Future". Come out and connect with others who are working toward a strong and resilient future for our food system.
Our Food Future
- Tim Butler - State Representative 87 District - legislative support for local food systems
- Rebecca Huston - Illinois Treasurer’s Office - changes to the AgInvest program to support local food systems
- Dr. Tony Yannarell - University of Illinois - on farm research, cover crops and soil biology
- Dr. Nicole Florence - Memorial Hospital - reconnecting the food system and the healthcare system
- Lauren Denofrio-Corrales & Janet Beach Davis - Heartland Community College - new ag program at the college
- Richard Ritter - Flanagan State Bank - financial analysis of organic operations
- John Stevan Bianucci - Iroquois Valley Farms (a private equity firm) farmland access
- Bill Davison - U of I Extension - The Grand Prairie Grain Guild, infrastructure projects underway
- Barbara Barcal - All Star Trading - grain usage, imports and exports
- Rebecca Osland - Illinois Stewardship Alliance - legislative and legal issues, federal programs
- Joe Bybee - Illinois Dept of Agriculture - The Illinois Nutrient Loss Reduction Strategy
Download the flyer here.