Full and Part Time Employment Opportunities
Position Title: Farmer Training Program Associate
Organization: The Land Connection
Location: Champaign, Illinois
Reports To: Farmer Training Program Manager
Employment Status: Part time, $16/hr
Starting Date: As soon as possible
About TLC: Personal health depends largely on food choices we make, and of whose hands we trust for our food. In the hands of farmers, we leave the care of our food supply. It is also in the hands of farmers to nourish and protect the resources of the land for future generations. TLC is a 501(c)3 organization working to grow the local food economy, both on and off the farm, for a healthy, resilient future. Here at TLC, we support and guide sustainable, entrepreneurial farming practices, and work to expand community access to the nourishing and flavorful food produced by the hands of local farmers.
Position Overview: The Farmer Training Program Associate assists the Farmer Training Program Manager in the planning, outreach, and execution of field days, workshops, events, and programs. S/he will work closely with the staff as a whole to support The Land Connection programming and fundraising activities. This position reports directly to the Farmer Training Program Manager. Some travel, weekend, and evening work is required.
- Assist with execution of farmer training projects, such as planning, execution, and budgets of selected farmer training programs including workshops, webinars, field days, and web resources, at the direction of the Farmer Training Program Manager.
- Assist with farmer training grants including tracking and gathering data for grant reports, budget tracking sheets, and progress toward grant goals.
- Provide the Marketing and Outreach Manager with programmatic content for use in outreach materials such as blog posts, web and social media content, registration pages, flyers, etc.
- Assist with the annual sponsorship campaign for the farmer training program.
- Represent TLC at conferences, tradeshows, and other outreach events to promote the organization and its programs.
- Help execute organization-wide events such as the annual fundraiser and spring party.
- Attend weekly staff meeting and check-ins.
- Collaborate with all TLC staff to continually refine and improve the organization.
Skills and Requirements:
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent online research skills
- Proficient public speaking skills
- Mastery of Microsoft Office suite of programs and Google apps
- Experience with CRM software (i.e. Salesforce) and html helpful, but not required
- Please email your resume, cover letter, and the names of three references to email@example.com
- Please use the following subject line: Farmer Training Program Associate Application
- All application materials should be submitted no later than midnight on July 2, 2018. The Land Connection encourages interested applicants to apply as soon as possible. We will begin reviewing applications as they are received and scheduling interviews as appropriate. The position may be filled prior to the closing date.
Volunteers and Interns
Special projects for unpaid interns are always a possibility - please contact us if you are interested. Please send a letter of interest, an up to date resume, and a writing sample (optional, not to exceed four pages). We keep a list of interested volunteers for occasional project assistance as well.