This month’s Kids Kit is PB Energy Bites! Brought to us by Compassionate Crumbs, this recipe combines all the yummy of peanut butter chocolate chip cookies with nutritious ingredients like chia seeds, local honey and local rolled oats for a fun bite full of energy.
Special thanks to our local business friends this month:
And a special thanks to our Kids Kits sponsor for this month:
PB Energy Bites
- 1 Large Bowl
- 1 Spoon for stirring
- 1 Refrigerator or freezer
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter Can substitute for sunflower butter
- 1/3 cup honey Can substitute for pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips Can substitute chocolate chips for raisins
- 1 tsp Chia Seeds
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl except the chocolate chips.
- Mix well with a large spoon then fold in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before rolling into balls – this makes them easier to roll.
- Do smaller bite-size balls for younger kids, or smash flat.
- Store in refrigerator or you can freeze if you make a large batch and thaw before eating.