For those of you who have been asking for the 2016 calendar recipes–I’m finally getting them posted!
Recipe for polenta with radishes1 cup polenta (fine to medium ground cornmeal)
5 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
1 bunch radishes
1 tablespoon butter
salt to taste
1-2 tablespoons honey
- Bring salted water to a boil in a pan over high heat
- Add 1 teaspoon salt.
- Pour cornmeal slowly into water, stirring constantly for 2 minutes
- Continue to cook for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally (add more water if it gets too thick)
- Pour polenta into a baking dish, smooth, and refrigerate until firm
- Cut into squares and fry in a medium-hot frying pan to brown
- Top with buttered radishes
- Drizzle with honey
- Serve and enjoy!
- Slice radishes into rounds
- Lightly fry in buttered frying pan