Name: Terrin Krantz
Job location: Champaign, Illinois
Business name: Hendrick House
Job/volunteer description: Hendrick House Farm is hiring Full Time (Seasonal) Field Crew Positions starting May 1, 2021.
Field crew members are involved in all aspects of the farm field work: planting, cultivating, irrigation, pest and disease control, mowing, greenhouse management, washing harvest containers and primarily harvesting vegetables. Some days are full of varied tasks, while others may involve one specific task. While we have fun, we are also dedicated to staying focused on completing the farming tasks in an efficient manner, regardless of the rain, wind, heat or sometimes beautiful weather.
You will be asked to work along with other staff and/or volunteers, as well as, sometimes on your own doing farm labor. This work often requires doing the same task for a sustained period of time while remaining focused, staying calm in a sometimes chaotic environment, maintaining safety when using tools/ equipment and communicating effectively with others.
• 5 days/week Monday – Friday, Employees must commit to working through the whole season (May through November).
• 7:00 am – 3:30 pm, with a 30 minute lunch break
• Each day will start with a brief morning meeting and a plan of goals for the day. It is imperative you are on time and ready to go at 7am.
• Employees are responsible for having a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation to the farm and appropriate farm clothes/ rain gear/ boots.
• Landscaping experience/ outdoor work
• Excellent communication (both in person and via text)
• Interpersonal skills
• Willingness to communicate with diverse groups of people and not let socialization get in the way of farm duties
• Positive attitude
• Able to stand on your feet, lift heavy loads, and do manual labor in all kinds of weather
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer according to Title 44 of the Illinois Administrative Code and Subpart C Section 750.150. Please email today for more detailed information.
Salary: based on experience, minimum of $11.00 per hour