Name: Cyndy Ash
Job location: Clinton, Illinois
Business name: Jubilee Farms
Job/volunteer description: Jubilee Farms Seeking a Full Time Farm Manager
Jubilee Farms, a 501c3, is seeking a farm manager for its 10 acre community supported agriculture farm in Illinois.
Location: Clinton, Illinois
Start Date: March-April 2020
Pay: $15/hour with an average work week of 40 hours/week
We are seeking a farmer to manage a 10 acre diverse produce farm. We also raise sheep, alpaca, and chickens. Our primary sales outlet is CSA. We also sell at farmers markets. Infrastructure on the farm includes a walk in cooler, water well, irrigation, barn, two hoop houses (one heated), one small greenhouse, BCS tractor with various implements, market trailer, John Deere 2305, and a Ford. The farmer will work closely with the farm director. The job responsibilities include:
– Managing staff as well as volunteers. We have funding for three full time VISTA employees for the 2020 season through the Americorp program. Volunteer groups as well as individuals visit the farm.
– Developing our crop plan for both our CSA members as well as farmers markets. We have traditionally grown everything from asparagus to zucchini. Our customers value diversity.
– Daily livestock chores including feeding, watering, egg collection, and stall cleanup. We have over 20 head of sheep, 3 alpaca, and 300 laying hens.
– Managing our 100 member CSA including weekly distribution which includes three pick up/drop off cites.
– Promoting the farm and its mission throughout the communities we serve.
– Planting, weeding, feeding, harvesting, cleaning and packing produce.
Experience working on a produce farm in the Midwest, ideally with a CSA model. Preference is given to candidates who have experience and expertise managing comparable farm operations. Effective communication is a must with the director, members, the board and our non-profit partners. We are seeking someone who values our mission and wants to grow their career with the farm, ideally staying more than one season. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate.
To provide the community, both those with financial means and those without, with locally grown produce, farmed sustainably without pesticides or synthetic fertilizers; to serve as a gathering place for the wider church community for worship, mission, education, and community building.
Please submit resumes to Cyndy Ash, director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or for further questions/inquiries her cell is 217.621.4068.