Thank you for your interest in The Land Connection. Established in 2001, The Land Connection is a nonprofit organization working to grow our local food economy both on and off the farm. If you would like to find out more information about our organization, please visit our website history page.
Position: Development Director
Organization: The Land Connection – Champaign, Illinois
Reports To: Executive Director
Employment Status: Full Time, Exempt
Salary: $40,000 – $50,000; based upon experience and qualifications
Benefits: Full time, exempt employees of The Land Connection receive health insurance, vision insurance, and dental care reimbursements, as well as vacation, sick, holiday, and paid parental leave. We also provide compensatory time for time worked beyond normal full-time expectations.
Summary Job Description
The Land Connection seeks a Development Director to lead the organization’s fundraising efforts to fulfill our mission. As this position is relatively new to our organization, the Development Director will have the opportunity to build and grow our fundraising efforts. Specifically, the Development Director is responsible for developing, diversifying, and expanding our current fundraising strategies. This position reports to the Executive Director and supports the organization’s program areas as needed.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Coordinate with the Executive Director and Board of Directors on the development and implementation of a strategic fundraising plan
- Oversee the planning and implementation of organization’s annual campaigns, including the spring fund drive and the year-end campaign
- Oversee the identification, research, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors at all giving levels
- With Executive Director, oversee gift processing and donor acknowledgement process
- Maintain the donor database in support of all fundraising initiatives
- Oversee and direct the planning of fundraising events, including the annual spring fundraiser and The Artisan Cup & Fork
- In coordination with staff, research and identify foundation and government grants for organization programs and projects, then lead grant writing
- Coordinate with the Marketing and Communications Manager, Farmer Training Program Manager, and Farmers Market and Outreach Manager on corporate sponsorship campaigns
- Work with Marketing and Communications Manager on online giving programs and sponsorships
- Work collaboratively with staff to identify avenues of support for programs and projects
- Support the Executive Director and Board of Directors in their development responsibilities
- Attend weekly staff meetings, check-ins, project meetings, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in a related field, preferably in a non-profit environment
- Proven writing skills
- Strong communication skills and an ability to develop good relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Highly motivated
- Great organizational skills
- Strong community builder
- Proven leadership and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with sustainable and organic agriculture and local foods
- Experience managing a donor database (CRM)
- Ability to work some nights and weekends
- Preference given to candidates with experience in event planning and grant writing
Depending on the candidate, remote work may be considered.
The Land Connection is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Choose one of the following options:
1. Send a letter of interest, resume with three references, and writing sample (blog, short story, grant proposal, etc.) to email@example.com
2. Use the applicant form below.
If you’re interested in volunteering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out what opportunities we might have available.