Thank you for your interest in The Land Connection. Established in 2001, The Land Connection is a nonprofit organization working to grow our local food economy both on and off the farm. If you would like to find out more information about our organization, please visit our website history page.
If you are interested in one of the listed positions and think you may be a qualified candidate to join our team, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the title of the position in the subject field.
Farmer Training Program Manager
Position: Farmer Training Program Manager
Organization: The Land Connection
Location: Champaign, Illinois
Reports To: Executive Director
Employment Status: Full Time, Exempt
Salary: Starting at $35,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications
Benefits: Full time employees of The Land Connection receive health insurance, vision insurance, dental care reimbursements, and vacation, sick, and holiday time.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by July 31, 2019. Be sure to include the title of the position in the subject field.
Summary Job Description
The Farmer Training Program Manager is responsible for developing and managing the Farmer Training program at The Land Connection. This includes program development, securing funding in the form of sponsorships and grants, and executing programs throughout the year. The manager will actively recruit participants for programs and work with other staff on outreach. This position requires travel and weekend/evening work. This position also requires a valid driver’s license and the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Manage the overall development of the farmer training program, including: planning, execution, and budgets of all farmer training elements such as large courses, workshops, webinars, field days, conferences, online resources, and resource development.
- Manage components of grant funded farmer training projects including writing and submitting grant reports, budgets, financial activity, progress toward grant goals, relationships with project partners, and evaluation of projects. In addition to grant management responsibilities, identify and review grant opportunities for TLC, as well as contribute to grant narrative and budget development.
- Network extensively with farmers and other stakeholders in central Illinois and the greater Midwest, in order to recruit participants for future programs, to seek out partnerships and sponsorships for TLC’s programs, and to identify subject matter, speakers, and workshop leaders for future programs.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Outreach Manager on outreach strategy for farmer training programs and provide programmatic content for use in outreach materials such as regular blog posts, web and social media content, registration pages, flyers, etc.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director and staff, work to expand farmer training programs.
- Supervise independent contractors and volunteers.
- Attend weekly staff meetings, check-ins, project meetings, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Experience with regenerative agriculture and farmer training
- Have a deep understanding of local food systems and the need for small farms
- Strong communication skills and an ability to develop good relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Highly motivated
- Great organizational skills
- A positive attitude, outgoing personality, and strong work ethic
- Proven leadership and problem solving skills
- Available to work in Champaign, Illinois
- Ability to lift weights up to 50 lbs