Thank you for your interest in The Land Connection. Established in 2001, The Land Connection is a nonprofit organization working to grow our local food economy both on and off the farm. If you would like to find out more information about our organization, please visit our website history page.
If you are interested in one of the listed positions and think you may be a qualified candidate to join our team, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the title of the position in the subject field.
Position: Development Coordinator
Organization: The Land Connection
Location: Champaign, Illinois
Reports To: Executive Director
Employment Status: Full Time, Exempt
Salary: Starting at $40,000 and based upon experience and qualifications
Benefits: Full time employees of The Land Connection receive health insurance, vision insurance, and dental care reimbursements, as well as vacation, sick, and holiday time.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include the title of the position in the subject field.
Summary Job Description
The Land Connection seeks a Development Coordinator to lead the organization’s fundraising efforts to fulfill our mission. The position is new to the organization and the Development Coordinator will have the opportunity to build and grow our fundraising efforts. The Development Coordinator is responsible for developing, diversifying, and expanding our current fundraising strategies. This position reports to the Executive Director and supports the Marketing and Communications Manager as needed.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Coordinate with the Executive Director and Board of Directors on the development and implementation of a strategic fundraising plan
- Oversee the planning and implementation of organization’s annual campaigns, including the spring fund drive and the year-end campaign
- Oversee the identification, research, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors at all levels
- With Executive Director, oversee gift processing and donor acknowledgement process
- Maintain the donor database in support of all fundraising initiatives
- Oversee and direct the planning of fundraising events, including the annual spring fundraiser and The Artisan Cup & Fork
- In coordination with staff, research and identify foundation and government grants for organization programs and projects, then lead grant writing
- Coordinate with the Marketing and Communications Manager, Farmer Training Program Manager, and Farmers Market and Outreach Manager on corporate sponsorship campaigns
- Work with Marketing and Communications Manager on online giving programs and sponsorships
- Work collaboratively with staff to identify avenues of support for programs and projects
- Support the Executive Director and Board of Directors in their development responsibilities
- Attend weekly staff meetings, check-ins, project meetings, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Grant writing, event planning, and fundraising experience in a non-profit environment
- Strong communication skills and an ability to develop good relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Highly motivated
- Great organizational skills
- Strong community builder
- Proven leadership and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with sustainable and organic agriculture and local foods
- Experience managing a donor database (CRM)
- Ability to work some nights and weekends
- Available to work in Champaign, Illinois