Save the date!
The Organic Grain Conference & Trade Show returns to Champaign, IL February 5-6, 2020! With more than 200 participants and 20+ exhibitors, the Organic Grain Conference is Illinois’ premiere event dedicated to organic grain education and networking!
The demand for organic grain is growing… According to the USDA Census of Ag, total sales of certified or exempt organic commodities have more than doubled since 2012 and the domestic and global demand for these products continues to grow. Join us as we explore the ins and outs of the organic grain movement.
DAY 1 – Wednesday, February 5, 9am – 6:30pm
The first day of the conference will offer full-day workshops, networking time, a local beer and spirits mixer, and an industry trade show.
- Navigating the Organic Certification Process – Mark Seeley, OnMark Certification Services
- Additional workshops to be announced…check back soon!
DAY 2 – Thursday, February 6, 8am – 5pm
The second day will include our keynote address and three tracks of concurrent breakout sessions, including panels, roundtable discussions, networking time, and an industry trade show.
Session topics include:
- Integrating conservation practices into your operation
- Considerations for adding new crops to your rotation
- Managing parallel operations
- Farm succession planning
- Alternative structures for farmland transfer
- Examining the grain value-chain
- Adding value to your farm through carbon markets
Check back soon for more information and a full schedule! Registration will open on December 10, 2019.